Benefits of membership include:
- A subscription to American Speech, the society’s quarterly journal.
- Access to the American Speech online archive dating back to 1925.
- One book in the PADS (Publication of the American Dialect Society) monograph series each year.
- The society’s annual conference, held in conjunction with the Linguistic Society of America.
- The annual word-of-the-year vote.
- Access to the society’s member list.
- Access to the members-only ADS-M email list.
- Access to the ADS-L email list (also open to non-members).
- Being a part of an organization that supports the Dictionary of American Regional English.