Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 11:11:31 CST From: salikoko mufwene Subject: Re: ?Mice/Mouses (fwd) >> I've had two patrons stump me recently with this question: What is the >> correct plural term for the mouse that is used with a computer? The >> people I've polled seem to be equally divided between mice and mouses. >> Any input would be greatly appreciated. >> In some computer literature I have read but cannot identify specifically at the moment, the plural is "mice." The same literature also uses "rodent" in relation to the category of computer "mice." Sali. *********************************************************************** Salikoko S. Mufwene s-mufwene[AT SYMBOL GOES HERE] University of Chicago 312-702-8531; fax: 312-702-9861 Dept. of Linguistics 1010 East 59th Street Chicago, IL 60637 **********************************************************************