Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 23:00:37 -0500

From: Dennis Baron debaron[AT SYMBOL GOES HERE]UIUC.EDU

Subject: Re: What Can You Do with a Degree in X


I'd check about that copyright. When I've written for the papers I've

always been told I retain the copyright, even tho it can be construed as

work for hire. When I reprint something, my editors always want a letter

from the paper granting permission. But when the paper is asked for

permission to reprint by someone else, they refer the petitioner to me.



Dennis Baron debaron[AT SYMBOL GOES HERE]

Department of English office: 217-333-2392

University of Illinois fax: 217-333-4321

608 S. Wright Street home: 217-384-1683

Urbana, IL 61801