Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 17:53:53 -0500

From: Natalie Maynor maynor[AT SYMBOL GOES HERE]RA.MSSTATE.EDU

Subject: Re: Query about Language Concentrations in English Depts.

"Do you know if there are other English departments in the country that

house linguistics or English language programs so that students can

graduate with BAs in English with a concentration in language like we want

to propose? I don't feel uncomfortable sayng we'd be the only ones, the

Are you including things like TESOL concentrations? An English major

at MSU (that's my MSU, not Dennis's) gets a TESOL certificate by taking

at least four TESOL courses.

--Natalie (maynor[AT SYMBOL GOES HERE]