Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 10:55:22 -0500

From: "Dennis R. Preston" preston[AT SYMBOL GOES HERE]PILOT.MSU.EDU

Subject: Re: cunnilingus

Not only is Jesse not being inventive, but I (and I think every other

linguist I know) am sick and tired of being called a 'cunninglinguist'

(which seems to be independently thought up by every 'wag' I meet.

For a while (perhaps even now?) this was helped along by the linguists at

CUNY (who, you guessed it, called themselves CUNYlinguists).

Dennis (who would even rather be asked how many languages he speaks) Preston

preston[AT SYMBOL GOES HERE]pilot,

What is a dental dam?

Effectively it's a flat piece of latex used to cover the vagina

so that cunnilingus can be performed without exchanging body


Jesse Sheidlower

Cunnilingus? By the context that I see it in here, I can guess what

it means. But it's not a word I am familiar with. Is it in common

usage? Or is Jesse being inventive?

Tom Uharriet