Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 15:08:39 -0800

From: James Arthurs jarthurs[AT SYMBOL GOES HERE]UVIC.CA

Subject: Re: A few questions from an interested student . . .

re: the strip of land between the sidewalk and the street is called a

"tree lawn" in northern Indiana. I also have heard some call it a "park."

In Victoria, B.C. and various other parts of Canada it is usually called

"the boulevard".

James Arthurs,

Linguistics Department, University of Victoria,

P.O.Box 3045, VICTORIA, B.C., Canada V8W 3P4

Tel: (250) 721-7432 (Home) (250) 478-8295

Fax: (250) 721-7423 (Home) (250) 474-1205

E-mail: jarthurs[AT SYMBOL GOES HERE]UVic.CA