Date: Mon, 17 Oct 1994 17:02:29 -0400
From: AAllan[AT SYMBOL GOES HERE]AOL.COM
Subject: Watch your s-mail
happy members of the American Dialect Society!
For, as these electrons flash along the Internet, the old Highway
Superhighway is bringing you the newest Newsletter of the A.D.S.!
with 28 pages including:
- Complete program for the ADS Annual Meeting, San Diego, December; and a
reminder of our special hotel and special hotel rates
- Complete program for ADS session at Linguistic Society annual meeting
- Proposal on sites of future ADS Annual Meetings
- Programs for the four Regional Meetings this month and next
- Calls for future meetings, including Methods IX in Wales, summer 1996
and the Dictionary Society in Cleveland next July
- Special opportunities: to nominate a student for Presidential Honorary
Membership, to participate in the Usage Committee
- Nominations for next year's new officers
- Directory of our approximately 520 members
- our 4-page Teaching Newsletter as an insert
- and last but not least, an inside report from our very own ADS-L list owner
Natalie Maynor, telling everything you'd like to know about what she did Oct.
If you happen not to be a member of the American Dialect Society, you won't
get this issue. Unless you ask. Send me your s-mail address and I'll
first-class a copy your way, along with a form that will make it convenient
for you to join the Society at just $30 a year (which includes not only the
newsletter, but American Speech and our monograph series PADS).
Happy reading! - Allan Metcalf, ADS executive secretary AAllan[AT SYMBOL GOES HERE]aol.com
- Eight new books by ADS members