Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 13:38:40 MST From: Tom Uharriet Subject: Re: Knarly? > > "Gnarly" comes from "gnarled," which, according to Webster's Third, means > > "warped or twisted with or as if with gnarls." While "gnarly" may be used > > in popular speech to mean both "disgusting" and "cool" (I think), there is > > certainly a standard spelling for it. > > > > Jenny Becker Thanks Jenny, With the new usage, I had forgotten the old! Tom