Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 20:17:26 -0500 From: "Kevin A." Subject: E-Glyphs/Emoticons This is a call for all tech/computer originated terms. Emoticons, e-glyphs, whatever you call them and whatever ones you use let me know. :-) I am an English graduate student at Michigan State University. I am trying to compile a tech dictionary. Included in this I want to have any terminology that you might use, or have seen used, in e-mail, snail mail, or other postings. Please don't limit yourself to icons like ":->", any terms from IMHO to multi-platform are valid. I am looking for any and all terms that saw their start in the computer world. Please include an explanation of what it means and even a copy of the context you saw it in if you have it. Nothing needs to be excluded. Thanx for your time. I don't want to flood ADS-L with e-glyph innundations, so feel free to send them directly to me. I hope this is as fun for you as it is for me. Ash2Ash[AT SYMBOL GOES HERE]