Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 12:33:02 -0500

From: Grant Barrett gbarrett[AT SYMBOL GOES HERE]JERRYNET.COM

Subject: RE run-arounds

"Run-arounds" in page layout and newspaper production refer to the space that separates an item

(such as a picture or pull-quote) and the surrounding text. I never heard "run-arounds" to refer to

a cuticle infection.

Which reminds me: didn't someone put together a list of newspaper words that are dead or dying

because of computers have been brought into production and newsrooms?

Grant Barett