Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 13:19:02 EDT From: Vicki Rosenzweig Subject: new word? I think this one is new: thagomizer. It's a semi-serious word for the spikes on a stegosaur's tail. The paleontologists are using it, either because they like the sound of it or because it's the only word anyone has come up with. It's from a Gary Larson cartoon. I've also seen "thagomizeriferous," meaning "having a thagomizer." I doubt it's going to be used widely enough to be worth Word of the Year status. Vicki Rosenzweig vr%acmcr.uucp[AT SYMBOL GOES HERE] New York, NY