Date: Tue, 17 May 1994 03:20:44 -0700 From: David Prager Branner Subject: Basket for chickens Does anyone know a real English name for a small basket or cage specifically designed for holding or transporting fowl? In Chinese there is a word jilong, which refers to chicken-cages of a great many sizes and shapes, though they usually have in common that they are cylindrical. I am trying to find a real English word for this kind of basket/cage. Thanks. David Prager Branner Asian Languages and Literature University of Washington, DO-21 Seattle, WA 98195