Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 16:03:03 -0600 From: Natalie Maynor Subject: Re: Clabber milk -Reply > Blinky and blue john both show up in Kentucky. Milk is blue john before > it becomes clabber. Blinky is used mostly as a predicate adjective. Isn't "blue john" simply skimmed milk? On the question of "clabber," I'm confused about how many variations we're talking about. Are we talking about "clabber" by itself versus "clabber milk" or "clabbered milk" (versus other totally different terms)? I can't remember which I heard most often: just clabber or clabber milk (parallel with butter milk) or clabbered milk. I think all three terms were used in Mississippi in the late '40s and early '50s. --Natalie (maynor[AT SYMBOL GOES HERE]