Date: Sat, 29 Jul 1995 13:04:11 -0400 From: Jesse T Sheidlower Subject: Re: ecstasy, Ecstacy > > A recently published British ESL dictionary defines Ecstacy as > > *an illegal drug used especially by young people to give a feeling of happiness > and energy at parties* > > 1. Does this drug go by the same name in the US? Is there a commoner name for > it? The most common street name in the U.S. is ecstasy. The technical name is 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine. The name MDMA is also common. It is also known as Adam, E, and X, and probably a few others that I can't recall offhand. Jesse Sheidlower Random House Reference