Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 12:54:43 -0400 From: "Peter L. Patrick" Subject: Re: nasal flaps? No, nasal flaps are actually nasalized flaps, I suppose. In American English they typically occur after a stressed vowel when a nasal-initial alveolar cluster happens before another vowel. Standard example is "wanna". They're flaps. And they're nasal. So what's the problem? --plp