Date: Sun, 7 Jan 1996 22:56:41 PST From: tom creswell Subject: Money on Coffee or Tea Both my grandmother (child of Irish immigrants, raised in Joplin, Mo.) and my mother referred to the bubbles that form around the edge of a newly poured cup of coffee or tea as "money." Both would adjure me to take my teaspoon and hurry up to collect my money before it got away. Is this usage familiar to anyone else?