Date: Wed, 3 Jan 1996 10:56:17 EST From: mai Subject: new word? I have recently heard a word I presume to be Black English, though reported by a white. Does anyone know the derivation/etymology or even the meaning of the following : huji/hoojie? It is supposed to refer to whites. I hope this is an appropriate place to pose this question. I was told that this word caused great offense when used, so it might be a future non-pc word in the making! If this turns out to be a taboo usage, please warn me! Mark Ingram, sorta politically confused anyhow maingr01[AT SYMBOL GOES HERE]