Date: Sun, 7 Jan 1996 22:56:41 PST

From: tom creswell creswell[AT SYMBOL GOES HERE]CROWN.NET

Subject: Money on Coffee or Tea

Both my grandmother (child of Irish immigrants, raised in Joplin, Mo.) and my

mother referred to the bubbles that form around the edge of a newly poured

cup of coffee or tea as "money." Both would adjure me to take my teaspoon

and hurry up to collect my money before it got away. Is this usage familiar

to anyone else?