Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 14:33:06 -0600 From: Joan Houston Hall Subject: Re: ruddle Is anyone familiar with the term "ruddle" to mean 'the attic of a house'? We have one example from a DARE Informant from Massachusetts, another from Haywood's _Yankee Dictionary_, and another from Dick Syatt's _Like We Say Back Home_ (for which we have no regional info). So far, we've found no likely source for the word. Any leads will be welcome!