Date: Sat, 17 Dec 1994 10:02:50 -0800 From: Judith Rascoe Subject: Re: More British automotive terms Thank you, Michael Henderson, for explaining that the US walker is a UK Zimmer. I came across the latter term recently and was deeply baffled. Which reminds me of another transatlantic difference. Years ago I was reduced to gestures and drawings in order to obtain an extension cord from a shop in London. The British term, I learned, was "running lead." Keep that in mind for your next sabbatical in Britain.