Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 17:31:11 +0000

From: Lynne Murphy M_Lynne_Murphy[AT SYMBOL GOES HERE]BAYLOR.EDU

Subject: gleeking

i've been asked by students here about the origins of a term--[glik]

(gleek? gleak? gleke? gliek?) that's used by kids to refer to some way

of projecting water or saliva around the teeth and tongue. i don't know

this word and can't find it in my slang dicts. does anyone have a clue?




M. Lynne Murphy

Assistant Professor in Linguistics

Department of English

Baylor University

PO Box 97404

Waco, TX 76798