Date: Mon, 5 Dec 1994 17:01:26 -0400
From: TPRATT[AT SYMBOL GOES HERE]UPEI.CA
Subject: Offensive Sayings "from" PEI -- Last Post
Thanks again for letting air, fresh or fetid, into this subject. For
the fourth and final time then, are any of the following, in your
experience, used OUTSIDE THE NEW ENGLAND STATES OR THE ATLANTIC
PROVINCES? The question is relevant to ongoing work on a dictionary
of Prince Edward Island sayings. Please respond to:
tpratt[AT SYMBOL GOES HERE]upei.ca.
Use bare numbers if that will help speed your reply.
74. stupid as my arse and not half so cute
75. stupid as pissing the bed awake
76. You can't sweep the floor and wipe your ass at the same time.
(two irreconcilable things)
77. tight as a cat's ass (variant on the usual bull; stingy)
78. tight as a fiddler's fart (ditto -- but why?)
79. Up Jumbo's hole to see the moon rising. (not your business where
80. useless / useful as a fart in the wind
81. useless as a pisshole in a snowbank
82. useless as tits on a goose (variant of usual bull, etc.)
83. going to water a horse (urinate)
84. Well brought up -- why weren't you? (burp)
85. well-fed at both ends (overweight)
86. Wherever you may be, let your wind blow free. (excuse for fart)
87. a whore of a day (stormy)
88. not worth a patch on a good man's arse
89. not worth the sweat off a dead man's arse
90. to wring the mitt (male urinate)
91. carrying last year's fun (pregnant)
92. She's that way. (pregnant)
93. There's never an old shoe but there's a sock to fit it. (anyone
can find a mate).
THAT'S IT. THANKS AGAIN TO ALL. HOPE TO SEE YOU IN SAN DIEGO.