Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 11:45:38 -0700
From: "A. Maberry"
Subject: Re: cleaning your monitor screen

I don't know about pet supplies, but from the description of the object,
it sounds like what is usually called a "dry sponge." We got ours at a
janitorial/cleaning supply company. I don't believe that it actually had
a brand name. It does work well for picking up cat hair--never tried it on
the monitor.


On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, Mark Mandel wrote:

> Bob Haas asked:
> >>>>>
> What is the name of this wonder product? Always looking for new computer
> <<<<<
> Sorry, I don't remember the trade name, and I threw the wrapper away long ago.
Look in a pet supply store for a blocky
> sponge, about 6" x 3" x 1.5" (in the US; about 15cm x 7 x 4 in the civilized
world), sold for picking up pet hair, but also
> recommended for this use.
> Mark A. Mandel : Senior Linguist : mark[AT SYMBOL GOES HERE]
> Dragon Systems, Inc. : speech recognition : +1 617 796-0267
> 320 Nevada St., Newton, MA 02160, USA :
> Personal home page: